Monday, May 30, 2016

Spring Time

Henry turned 5 this past spring in June.  In five years, we have come to know that Henry has a very high IQ and is thinking at a higher or different level than others his age in terms or problem solving and tinkering in general.  He always has a purpose and rarely plays without attempting to execute a plan.  He seems to be a little bit of a visionary coming up with his plans and ideas and then trying to get them executed.  He does it in a way that shows he might be a born leader or manager.  We sometimes find him organizing and delegating groups of cousins or kids (even a lot older than him) on projects that he came up with.  I can't stress how project oriented he is.  He loves to pull out tools or dump trucks and diggers to get something done.  He still says he had more fun building the tree house and actually using it now.  

He is and has been obsessed with Lego City Legos (construction, cops, firemen..etc), NASA and Space and Construction or building.   He is currently really into Coal Mines and Power Plants.  And when I say he is into them, he understands and can repeat how coal is used to produce power and how power is moving thru the power lines.  He likes to read about it with an adult and then repeat it to make sure he has the process down pat.  An example of his interest in machines is evident when at the zoo, he never notices the lion but asks about the tractor being used to move stray around.  Or below, you will see how he ignores race horses but gets excited about the tractors.  Definitely not an animal kid!

Along with a fast moving brain, Henry is also a super high energy kid who would never ever just crash from being tired in the evenings.  He has to be put to bed to fall asleep.  He can constantly outpace most kids in terms or moving his body and keeping it in motion.  We recently had a beach bonfire that lasted until midnight.  Most little ones curl up with a parent and start to fade by the fire after 9pm but Henry was moving the entire time (his bead time is 7:15pm) and he was still talking until we drove home after midnight.  However, he does crash fast once you get him into his bed and read him a story and force him to close his eyes.  The only time to get him to sit still is when you pull out books and read to him.  His favorite author is Richard Scarry and he loves all the busy town stories. He does love his books and he will sometimes sit down and read thru a bunch of books at one time.

Below are some pictures from this past Spring.  Henry played T-ball but we don't think it is a perfect fit for him as he seemed to want to coach more than be a player.  He is a good left handed hitter though and did enjoy a few games.  He had a great Easter and also enjoyed a few fun day trips like to the Art Museum and Churchill downs to watch the horses workout int he morning.




The Art Museum Kid Section






Easter Day



Pretending to be a space doctor





Tee Ball





Henry helped envision and build a race track for match box car races









Henry barely saw the horses.  He noticed the tractors that groomed the track


He loved the tractors


Biking back from his last day or pre-school

Celebrating the last day of pre-shool


First and last Day of Pre-School (2015-2016).  He is ready for Kindergarten 





1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry about all the energy, but I was remember being high energy& wondering how my mom did it. I don't remember having any issues in school but as an adult wondered if I could've been ADHD in attempts at rectifying my brain chemistry, ive always joked that im self diagnosed OCD because I need things aesthetic my pleasing& organized (found out I'm a perfectionist when I had NY 1st& only stint in rehab at age40> after my brothers suicide. A couple months ago I was officially diagnosed. Ive always loved rearranging my room& started as t a very young age (elem school),idk what all we've discussed, but my mom did drafting& taught me how to make scale models. I'm sure u know what that is= decide ur scale ex. Every foot will equal a centimeter. I drew my room then cut shapes to represent my furniture that I could move around the room. This way I didn't push something across room just to find out it wouldn't fit. Before I had issues w\depression I joked I bought things+ cluttered up because I loved cleaning& organizing so much. Oddly clutter us homey to me, but only when things have a home\place. If things are messy\cluttered& Ive rearranged or have new things& need 2reorganize, it causes me a lot if anxiety& i dont feel like I can go out in world& function as if my brain is I n direct proportion to the physical clutter of my home. I hope I explain ed that in a way y'all understand. I'm sharing this just to give y'all more info at attempts in keeping his brain chemistry as healthy as possible. I swam ALOT when I was a kid. This could possibly help the surplus energy??? I've almost never officially"worked out" other than a few attempts here& there, I do have s OK me good genetics but I think all the swimming gave me muscle definition most people don't know exist.summers I was either reading a book or in the pool= often by myself just pushing myself to swim further & further b4 I had to come up. I learned when I was 4.

    ReplyDelete